ACDC is all about saving lives. It’s as simple as that. We are an all-volunteer, non-profit organization dedicated to the proposition that all cats and kittens (and dogs and rabbits) deserve safe, loving, permanent homes. Our foster parents will provide temporary care for cats and kittens in their homes while the animals wait for their forever homes. Their compassion provides the second chance that so many stray, abandoned or homeless cats kitties need. If you join us, you’ll have the satisfaction of knowing that you have helped save the lives of these helpless animals. ACDC provides training and support, medications, and absorbs all veterinary expenses associated with the care of our felines. If you love kitties and would like to be a part of our lifesaving team, consider opening your heart and home to cats or kittens in need.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Our upcoming Paws n Pints features some really great prizes:
- VIP Passes to Live! With Kelly and Michael: Skip the lines and sit up front and close for a taping of Live! With Kelly and Michael. Two passes for a TBD date.
- Wine Basket: An amazing assortment of wines, $50 value
- Girly girl basket: Eight Essie nail polishes, one set of beautiful handcrafted earrings, $80 value
- Get Lucky! A collection of scratch off Lottery Tickets, $50 value
- Pamper Yourself Basket: Massage Envy gift card plus Bath and Body Works products, $75 value
- Flyers vs. Hurricanes Game. Two tickets, tenth row behind the goal! January 21st, 7 PM, $200 value
- Cool Cat Basket: Litter box, assortment of treats and toys, $30 value
- Kitty Kitty Basket: Litter box, assortment of treats and toys, $30 value
- Bark Basket: Leather 17” dog collar, assortment of toys, beautiful ceramic treat jar, adorable wooden bone shaped wall mount for hanging leashes, $35 value
- Good Dog! Basket: Doggie shampoo, bags and dispenser, rope toy, dog treats, and a picture frame in a cloth bone basket for storing your dog’s thins, $45 value
- Shore Weekend Get Away: Two nights at the Water Club at the Borgata, in Atlantic City October 26th and 27th. Beach towels and tote, $700 value
Saturday, July 27, 2013
11:00 am until 3:00 pm
1991 Sproul Road, Broomall
$5 cash fee for each dog
As always, donations to ACDC will be accepted!
Pip was found wandering the streets, severely underweight.
Hurt, hungry, and scared, Pip the chihuahua was wandering the streets in the summer heat. Luckily a local shelter brought him in, and friends from ACDC came to the rescue. Pip was set up with a loving foster home and brought to the vet. This two year old boy was severely underweight, weighing only 3.6 pounds. In addition he could not use his front right leg. X-rays determined Pip’s leg was broken and he would need to wear a cast for the next four to six weeks. Pip will spend this time healing in his foster home, and this loving pup will be ready to meet his forever family sometime in August. In the meantime, you can sponsor Pip here.
A trip to the vet diagnosed Pip’s leg as broken.
Pip is recovering in his foster home.
Diva wasn’t using her front leg, necessitating a trip to the vet.
Diva was brought to the shelter as a stray kitten when she was rescued by ACDC. She wasn’t walking on her leg and was taken to the vet. X-rays showed she was missing a bone in her leg! Unfortunately, she will have to lose her leg. She is resting comfortably in her foster home, while we raise funds for her surgery
Diva doesn’t let this problem slow her down. She’s a very talkative kitty who kisses and licks and head-butts her foster parents. Actually she head-butts everything, especially her food bowl! She’s a bit thin, but her foster parents are working hard to get her big and strong. Diva is multi-colored, but mostly white, with golden-honey eyes and different colored hind legs!
The Case of the Missing Bone
After Diva has recovered from surgery, she will be ready for adoption. In the meantime, she is available for sponsorship. Click here to sponsor Diva.
Kittens born in April and May are reaching the age when they can be adopted at this time of year, giving us “kitten season.” The influx of kittens into shelters puts pressure on rescues to find room for all the cats. Thus June is Adopt-a-Cat Month.
A few things to think about when you adopt:
- If you’re thinking about adopting a cat, consider taking home two.
- Find a cat whose personality compliments yours.
- Pick out a veterinarian ahead of time and schedule a visit within the first few days following the adoption.
- Make sure everyone in the house is prepared to have a cat before it comes home.
- Budget for the short- and long-term costs of a cat.
- Stock up on supplies before the cat arrives.
- Cat-proof your home.
- Go slowly when introducing your cat to new friends and family.
- Be sure to include your new pet in your family’s emergency plan.
Come help ACDC raise funds to help homeless animals!
Sunday, May 5
A Taste of Key West
Ridley Park, PA
$10 donation at the door goes directly to help homeless animals.